Even though it may feel like your future mother-in-law is organising everything, follow our easy to use countdown and ensure that the run up to the wedding goes smoothly and you get extra husband- to-be brownie points.
- Pop the question
- Decide on the date – check sporting fixtures before hand
- Decide on the budget and who is paying – include both sets of parents
- Buy the wedding insurance before all the deposits start to roll in.
- Consider a wedding planner – let someone else take the strain while you are left to enjoy the happiest day of your life.
- Buy the wedding licence.
- Take responsibility of coordinating the following: rings, transport, grooms hire, stag do, photographer (this does not mean just a mate with a digital camera) and entertainment.
- Consider offering to keep record of deposits and balances – this will keep you in the loop more.
- Visit 1860.com – take a look at our hire range for style and colours to give you some ideas
- Decide on the colour theme – once a theme is decided to and stuck to everything will look co-ordinated.
- Book the venues – make sure you know what the venues look and feel like at the same time of year as your wedding.
- Book Ceremony administer.
- Book and meet with entertainment, cars and photographer.
- Buy wedding rings (ensure that they are fitted well)
- Plan wedding list; ensure you have some gifts included
- Book the honeymoon, insurance etc
- Take yourselves off for a romantic and inspiring minibreak. Spend some quality time together away from the stresses and strains of the planning – you can use your 1860 vouchers from the hiring your suits from us.
- Send out invitations – include wedding list information, accommodation and theme information. If you are using 1860.com “party mode” add the party name as well to ensure all groomsmen are dressed the same.
- Book hairdressers
- Discuss menu options with caterer.
- Hire the wedding party suits - either instore or online at 1860.com we recommend this to be the minimum amount of time to hire your suits to ensure that your designs and colours are instock.
- Check passports
- Schedule rehearsal
- Learn to dance – this will help make the first dance special.
- Buy gifts for the groomsmen
- Organise the stag do
- Chase up and finalise the guest list
- Print the order of service
- Have final fitting for hire suits
- Buy the wedding licence
- Remind all appropriate party members about their speeches. And write your own
- Pick up the suits from 1860. Check every suit fits perfectly.
- Phone confirmation of photographer, entertainment, honeymoon, transport etc.
- Get a Hair cut
1 day to go
- Send your bride a little gift for tomorrow
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Have an early night to look your best for tomorrow.